What information do we collect?
- We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
- When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes.
- Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the "Do we use 'cookies'?" section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the "How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?" section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and 'members-only' content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Do we use "cookies"?
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service.
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term "outside parties" does not include Akervall Technologies Inc. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety. However, nonpersonally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
To modify your e-mail subscriptions, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the "My Account" section. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the "My Account" section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Changes to our policy
Online Policy Only
In short, GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is a law which ensures you that companies such as us will treat your personal data (such as home address, email address, phone number etc.) in a safe and secure manner. You will be able to request records of what information of yours we keep as well as un-register and get your data deleted from our system*. Contact us at email@example.com and we will answer all questions and requests.
We of course hope that you will continue to let us keep in touch with you so that you can take part in future offers and news relevant for you and your club.
* This applies to those of you have bought your mouth guard more than 18 months ago. Due to our obligations concerning the guarantee of our products, we will need to keep your details during this period. Once the 18 months after your purchase expires, you are free to choose if you want to be kept in our registry or not.
We will store your data in 18 months in order to fulfill the dental warranty, which is valid for 12 months after your purchase of a SISU Mouthguard. The personal data we store will never be about sensitive matters other than contact details so that we can keep in touch. Our checkout process asks customers about what sport they play in order to better serve them in the sports that they play.
When it comes to matters extending beyond our dental warranty offer, we will only use your data in order to provide you with customer support, confirm orders, remind you about guarantee conditions, analyse your experience of the contact between us – this, only so that we can improve where needed – but also for our own statistics. Last but not least, we also use it to present you with relevant offers and news.
We do not share any personal data to third parties unless legally obligated.
We do not share your personal data outside the EU.
If you want to know more about what this means for you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is also where you should reach out if you wish to change any of the information we have on you.
GDPR does not allow data storing without permission for longer than 12 months after which they should go into a removal process. We are keeping the records for an additional 6 months, due to balance of interests grounded in guarantee obligations. Once this time has run its course, your data will automatically be deleted from our systems, unless you have given us the permission to keep your contact details on record – which we of course hope that you will.
We have established a policy for personal data handling as well as a course of action in case of data breaches.
When creating an account on our website you accept our data storing approach and terms and conditions. The latter can be subject to change in the future, but if so we will be sure to let you know so that you can take actions accordingly if you deem it necessary.
Data Protection Officer: Leif Eriksson, email@example.com